In a world where it seems like free checking is a becoming a thing of the past, Sharonview is proud to offer our Signature Checking Account, where not only is there no minimum balance and no monthly fee, but members can also earn 2.00% Annual Percentage Yield (APY) on balances up to $10,000 when certain transaction requirements* are met.
Finding a free checking account today is rare, and finding one that ALSO earns dividends is even more remarkable. Just like our Free Anywhere Checking, Signature Checking has no minimum balance and you never pay a monthly fee. Plus, you get all the convenient account access you need through online banking, via mobile app, phone access and through a nationwide network of 30,000 ATMs.
A Better Checking Account
Sharonview's Signature Checking account stands apart from other checking accounts by offering a best-in-class 2.00% APY on monthly balances of up to $10,000 for each month where you meet 3 simple requirements:
- Direct deposit into your Signature Checking account of at least $1,000 per month
- At least $500 in debit card purchases from your Signature Checking account per month
- Log into Online Banking or the Sharonview mobile app at least once a month
And for those months where you may not meet those requirements, you would still earn 0.05% APY* on your average daily balance.
No matter which Sharonview Checking Account you choose, all enjoy the same great features:
- No Monthly Fee
- Free Visa Debit Card
- 24/7 Access to your accounts with free Online Banking, Mobile Banking** and Phone Access
- Easy access to 30,000 free (no-fee) ATMs nationwide for cash when you need it
- Unlimited check writing
- Local Sharonview branches in North Carolina and South Carolina
- Access to more than 5,000 other credit union branches across the U.S. using the Shared Branching network
- Deposit checks to your account using our free Mobile Deposit
- Set up direct deposit for your paychecks, Social Security or pension checks
- Back up your account with easy and affordable overdraft protection options, like a line of credit or a savings account
- Funds federally insured up to $250,000 by NCUA