Finding a free checking account today is rare, and finding one that ALSO earns dividends is even more remarkable. Signature Checking has no minimum balance and you never pay a monthly fee. Plus, you get all the convenient account access you need through online banking, via the mobile app, phone access and through a nationwide network of 30,000 ATMs.
A Better Checking Account
Sharonview's Signature Checking account stands apart from other checking accounts by offering a best-in-class 2.00% APY on monthly balances of up to $10,000 for each month where you meet 3 simple requirements:
- Direct deposit into your Signature Checking account of at least $1,000 per month
- At least $500 in debit card purchases from your Signature Checking account per month
- Log into Online Banking or the Sharonview mobile app at least once a month
And for those months where you may not meet those requirements, you would still earn 0.05% APY* on your average daily balance.
No matter which Sharonview Checking Account you choose, all enjoy the same great features:
- No Monthly Fee
- Free Visa Debit Card
- 24/7 Access to your accounts with free Online Banking, Mobile Banking*** and Phone Access
- Easy access to 30,000 free (no-fee) ATMs nationwide for cash when you need it
- Unlimited check writing
- Local Sharonview branches in North Carolina and South Carolina
- Access to more than 5,000 other credit union branches across the U.S. using the Shared Branching network
- Deposit checks to your account using our free Mobile Deposit
- Set up direct deposit for your paychecks, Social Security or pension checks
- Back up your account with easy and affordable overdraft protection options, like a line of credit or a savings account
- Funds federally insured up to $250,000 by NCUA
* Annual Percentage Yield (APY) is accurate as of July 1st, 2021. $200 is the potential earning of 2.00% APY on a balance of $10,000. To earn 2.00% APY on up to $10,000, during the calendar month your signature checking account must receive at least $1,000 in aggregate direct deposits, you must make at least $500 in aggregate point-of-sale or online purchases using your Sharonview signature checking debit card, and you must maintain active online banking by logging into your online or mobile banking account at least once each month. Debit card purchases must post before the end of the month to be counted for that month. If your account does not meet these transaction requirements for the month, the entire account balance will earn 0.05% APY for that month. Additionally, balances in excess of $10,000 will earn 0.05% APY. The dividend period, and qualifying activity period, begins on the first calendar day of each month and ends on the last calendar day of each month. Fees may reduce earnings. Variable rate notice: The rate may change after the account is opened. APYs, terms and conditions are subject to change at any time.
** No minimum balance required to open or maintain account, however, $1000 in aggregate direct deposits required as one of the qualifications to earn 2.00% APY on the account.
*** Message and data rates may apply